TensorGrip® Joinery Adhesives do things your way. We pride ourselves on engineering high-performance adhesives that are designed for the bond you need, no-matter the challenge. We’ve driven research & development into testing with some of the biggest names in solid surface brands, and now we’re offering a knockout product. Introducing TensorGrip® L66: fully approved and endorsed for use with Avonite & HI-MACS.
With the development of L66, we’re providing a specialised product that has been fully approved for use on one of industry’s most prominent substrates: HI-MACS®. This durable, smooth and visually seamless surface offers a number of advantages over common materials, and we’re proud to combine these advantages with the unique benefits of our spray-based systems.
The specialised nature of TensorGrip® L66 doesn’t end there. This groundbreaking product has also been approved for use on Avonite Surfaces® - a substrate that offers ultimate flexibility via its range of available widths and thicknesses.
Your #1 Adhesive for Avonite® & HI-MACS®
TensorGrip L66 is our specialist recommendation for bonding applications on some of the biggest household names in solid surfaces, as well as most common wood-based substrates such as MDF and ply. This unique contact adhesive is dispersed via our innovative web spray pattern for ultimate consistency and unrivalled ease of use.
- Immediate grab/fast cure: Eliminate curing time from your working schedule with Tensorgrip L66, engineered to achieve an immediate and permanent grab. Thanks to this fact acting solution’s excellent adhesion results you can significantly reduce fabrication processing time. Who knew bonding solid surfaces could be so easy?
- Flexible glue line: Another of the benefits of TensorGrip® L66 is the ultra-flat and consistent glue line that is achieved in comparison to beaded alternative methods. This unique benefit gives greater flexibility to the contractor, one reliable bond at a time.
- High temperature & humidity resistance: Here at TensorGrip Joinery Adhesive, we believe that lifelong bonds shouldn’t face erosion as a result of heat or humidity. With this in mind, we’ve designed L66 to provide high humidity resistance and an impressive temperature resistance of 105°C.
- Strength & coverage: TensorGrip L66 offers pure adhesive strength like no other. What’s more, joiners and contractors can enjoy increased coverage from day one with our revolutionary canister system, yielding a significant coverage of up to 80m².
Whether you’re bonding Avonite, HI-MACS, MDF or wood buildups, TensorGrip L66 gets the job completed to an expert standard in record time. Why wait longer?
TensorGrip L66: Best Practice for Best Bonding
Got your hands on TensorGrip L66? Congrats on a decision well-made. Keep reading to see some of Tensor’s top tips on using this adhesive to its ultimate potential:
- TensorGrip L66 has been designed to be applied to two surfaces to be bonded together. Consequently, for best results, the temperature of the adhesive and the surfaces being bonded should be between 60°F - 80°F (16°C - 27°C).
- Before bonding surfaces, including Avonite & HI-MACS, ensure that they are clean, dry and free from dirt, dust, oil, loose paint, wax or grease.
- Spray TensorGrip L66 about 10-20 cm (4" – 8") away at a 90° angle to the surface, applying a uniform, even coat of adhesive to obtain 80% - 100% coverage of the surface. If necessary, spray another coat in areas that appear to need more.
- Spray both surfaces to be bonded, one surface vertically and the other surface horizontally. Allow 2 - 3 minutes for L66 to tack off until no adhesive transfers to the knuckle when touched.
- Adhere surfaces and press together with adequate pressure. Allow 24 hours for L66 to fully cure.
- If the spray tip clogs, unscrew the spray tip from the gun and clean with solvent such as lacquer thinner or acetone.
Get Your TensorGrip® L66 Today
With L66, we’ve shown what’s possible when industry innovators collaborate. To get your hands on this groundbreaking adhesive, contact our sales team.